Saturday 11 October 2014

To my friends..

Friendship. Something so powerful, so full of love, potential, trust, respect. Friendship to me is one of the most important ingredients in the recipe of life.


To my friends, to all of those who have been there for me. Who have supported me. Who never left my side when I needed them. To those who have stayed up to one o'clock in the morning to talk to me when I needed them. To the girl who couldn't get in contact with me when I was in a bad place so drove for miles to find me when she didn't know where I was, who waited in the hospital waiting room just to give me a hug. To the girl who gave me the longest hug to make me feel safe when I was admitted on to the ward. To the girls who all gathered to celebrate my birthday making unforgettable memories that will last a life time. To all of the kind ladies and gents who have been praying for me for years now. To my amazing girl who sent me lovely letters in the mail just to give me strength and who has stood by me for over a decade. To the boys who defended me when others weren't being very kind. To all of those who have done all of these things and never once wanted credit or anything in return.


I cannot explain to you what you have done for me. The impact that you have made on my life. The safety you have offered in my hour of need, the comfort and love and continual support you have shown me.


I genuinely don't know what I have ever done to deserve such an amazing group of friends. Even those who aren't as close to me as others are showing me such love. This has strengthened my hope in humanity. We all have the potential in us to save lives. To protect others. From making a baby smile, to raising a child who does not share our genes. To saving a soul and to feed the starved. We have so much potential. All we need to do is share this love, hope and potential and the world will live in more harmony.


To my friends, I love you, you all know who you are. I cannot thank you all personally for what you have done for me, for being there for me, for supporting me in all my endeavours. You are the reason I am able to continue fighting. The joy I feel knowing there are so many people in this world who I have not yet met, who will continue to impact my life, who can share their experiences with me, who I can learn from, who I can love.


Friendship, past, present, future. I am blessed to know what it feels like to grow together as friends, to face life's daily challenges with other human beings. I am blessed to have experienced love in one of it's most touching forms.


Friendship carries potential, friendship is a choice, so tonight share a hug with those with whom you can rejoice!


To you, the reader, spread love not hate.


E x



No comments:

Post a Comment