Friday 10 October 2014

World Mental Health Day 2014 & Type One Diabetes Breakthrough!

Evening all! Or maybe it is morning, afternoon or the middle of the night with you?


The following is a status that I posted on my personal facebook account tonight but I feel like it should be on my blog aswell.. Enjoy:) !




Hello lovelies:) Okay so I have two main topics I want to mention, I'm not going to go into too much detail because I feel now that is more for my blog! Before I get onto them I just want to say thank-you very much for the support with the blog! I'm not really sure yet how many posts will be blogged weekly, if and how others feel about it, getting requests etc but I'm in no hurry so we'll just see how it pans out! If any of you would like me to talk about a specific topic, give tips, talk about my experience of feel free to message me or comment! If you want it to be anonymous that is no problem! If you would like to ask a question and leave your name then I will blog my answer, so this blog will be a partnership between me and you all so please do get involved you are very welcome:) Okay so firstly as many of you are aware today is World Mental Health awareness day, I could write a status about social stigmas and increasing numbers of casualties but I won't because I feel I have mentioned these a lot and many people on my friends list are very aware of this all! I will however mention that I feel stigmas are actually lowering, I believe this is a journey and we are getting there one breath at a time. I will continue to attempt raise awareness and support others everyday that I can and not just on awareness days, however these are extremely important! I am still in recovery myself, I have some good days where I feel confident and motivated and many days where I am scared and feel there is no hope. I am not in anyway wanting you to feel I am speaking down to you if you're suffering because trust me it's not a weakness to admit to struggling and if it is then I have the strength of a feather dude so don't be freakin'! If I don't reply or blog I am just taking the break that I feel my mind needs at that time, we all can't help eachother and ignore our own health, that is not selfish it is wise! My second topic is to do with the huge breakthrough that has been announced today to do with type one diabetes. I got quite emotional today because there tends to be a lot of so called 'miraculous discoveries' happening and popping up on the news which really are no more than exaggerated anecdotes! However, the breakthrough today was a serious one. The research project that was trialled did actually work. It was to do with stem cells and so on but I'll not give you a biology lecture! Basically it certainly isn't a cure but it is a massive step closer to finding a 'cure' or best way to control this condition. JDRF who are the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation funded this project in Harvard. So I am trying to show you how vital the funding is for diabetes related charities. Please, if you can, raise awareness or donate to either Diabetes UK or JDRF, because with this vital funding increase we are so much more likely to find the cure more rapidly. For me, to not have to live with this serious condition every day would be a dream, has always been a dream, and now is turning into reality, we are years off I believe but it will happen. Lets get this fundraising happening, we can find the cure for type one diabetes. My life and so many others have been blessed today with the knowledge that our 'incurable, life long' disease may not live up to its definition and adjectives. I know I said this wouldn't be long, but ha guys its me, if I start writing there ain't no stopping me! Life is a rollercoaster, with many ups and many downs, I am learning who I am, I am being me. So on this World Mental Health Day 2014.. Be you♥ God bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment